The Cisco® Aironet® 2800 Series Wi-Fi access points are highly versatile and deliver the most functionality in the industry.
Cisco Aironet 2800i – Internal Antenna
Cisco Aironet 2800e – External Antenna
For organisations paving the way for the new 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, the Cisco Aironet 2800 Series is the perfect solution. The access points go beyond getting ready for the new standard, providing the ultimate in flexibility and versatility.
For large enterprise organisations that rely on Wi-Fi to engage with customers, the 2800 Series is a hands-off product that’s intelligent enough to make decisions based on end-device activities and usage. This automation allows you to devote time to other pressing matters, secure in the knowledge that your Wi-Fi network is performing to its utmost potential.
The Aironet 2800 Series is packed with the features and capabilities that have made Cisco the industry leader, at a price point that is ideal for managing wireless growth, capacity, and coverage gaps in dense indoor environments.
802.11ac Wave 2 and beyond
The Aironet 2800 Series extends 802.11ac speed and features to a new generation of smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops, providing a greater end-user experience. Whether your project involves wholesale changes to your current wireless network or upgrading your legacy Wi-Fi deployments (802.11a/b/g/n/ac wave 1 deployments), the 2800 Series can handle the job.
The 2800 Series supports 802.11ac Wave 2, providing a theoretical connection rate of up to 5.2 Gbps—that’s roughly 4x the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11ac access points. The boost helps you stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations of today’s mobile worker, who usually uses multiple Wi-Fi devices instead of just one. As such, users are adding proportionally larger traffic loads to the wireless LAN, which has outpaced Ethernet as the default enterprise access network.
Cisco DNA support
Pairing the 2800 Series access points with the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA™) allows for a total network transformation. Cisco DNA allows you to truly understand your network with real-time analytics, quickly detect and contain security threats, and easily provide network wide consistency through automation and virtualisation. By decoupling network functions from the hardware, you can build and manage your entire wired and wireless network from a single user interface.
Working together, the 2800 Series and DNA offer such features as:
● Flexible Radio Assignment
● Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences
● Cisco High Density Experience
● Apple Fast Lane
● Cisco Identity Services Engine
● And much more
The result? Your network stays relevant, becomes digital-ready, and is the lifeblood of your organisation.
Building on the Cisco Aironet heritage of RF excellence, the 2800 Series access points run on a purpose-built, innovative chipset with a best-in-class RF architecture. This chipset provides a high-density experience for enterprise networks designed for mission-critical, high-performance applications.
The 2800 Series is a component of Cisco’s portfolio of flagship, 802.11ac-enabled access points, and delivers a robust mobility experience based on the following product features:
● 802.11ac Wave 2 with 4×4 Multi-user Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) technology supporting three spatial streams. MU-MIMO enables access points to split spatial streams between client devices to maximise throughput.
With two radios built into each access point, the 2800 Series is more versatile than any access point currently on the market. These radios are outfitted with Flexible Radio Assignment, which means that the access points automatically self-optimise to better serve the environment. For example, one of the radios broadcasts its signal on the 5-GHz channel and the other sends out a 2.4-GHz signal. The access point understands the wireless environment and will automatically switch the 2.4-GHz signal to a 5-GHz signal, increasing the reliability of your Wi-Fi use. This setting automatically works in reverse too, the access point recognises that the RF environment has changed as reverts changes back to its original configuration.
The access point also dynamically changes the radio settings based on the wireless environment. The 2800 Series Wave 2 access point will allow one of the radios to operate in Wireless Security Monitoring mode. Allowing you to detect wireless security threats, interference, and combat rogue access. This valuable information can be culled in an easy-to-understand matrix to inform you about your customers.
● Optimised access point roaming to ensure that client devices associate with the access point in their coverage range that offers the fastest data rate available.
● Cisco ClientLink 4.0 technology to improve downlink performance to all mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11a/b/g/n/ac. At the same time, the technology improves battery life on mobile devices.
● Cisco CleanAir technology enhanced with 160-MHz channel support. CleanAir delivers proactive, high-speed spectrum intelligence across 20-, 40-, and 80-, and 160-MHz* wide channels to combat performance problems due to wireless interference.
● MIMO equalization capabilities, which optimise uplink performance and reliability by reducing the impact of signal fade.