ActivPanel Firmware 5.1
ActivPanel firmware release 5.1 is now available live via Over-The-Air (OTA) update. This release includes the “faster whiteboard” (lower writing latency), end-to-end encryption for Screen Share and the removal of access to the Promethean store.
For users who want to leverage the new encryption with Screen Share, they will have to download new sender apps found here: Screen Share sender
With the 5.1.0 release, users will notice a smoother and more natural writing experience, as we have improved the latency of our Promethean Whiteboard app. We have also enhanced the security of our Screen Share receiver with encryption support and incorporated additional security updates to our panel’s operating system.
- The name field associated with ActivPanels in Panel Management will now be copied along with the panel’s serial number when activated in Radix.
- Improved latency performance of the ActivPanel’s built-in Whiteboard software.
- The latest available Android Security updates for version 8.0 have been incorporated into this release.
- We have retired the Promethean App Store from the factory App Locker and replaced the shortcut with instructions outlining alternatives.
- We have improved the networking UI to ensure network interface MAC addresses are always displayed, regardless of connection status.
- Screen Share now supports encrypted communication between senders and the receiver application on the ActivPanel. For end-to-end encryption, you must also use the following updated Screen Share sender applications, which will be available mid-August 2021.
|Screen Share for Windows||3.0.0 or later|
|Screen Share for MacOS||3.0.0 or later|
|Screen Share Chrome extension||3.0.0 or later|
|myPromethean app for iOS||3.1.0 or later|
|myPromethean app for Android||3.1.0 or later|
To install the Screen Share sender or the myPromethean mobile app on a device, go to https://share.mypromethean.com/ to download the appropriate app for your operating system.
- ActivPanel bug fixes
- We’ve fixed a bug that resulted in the Unified Launcher not starting correctly in some rare circumstances.
- We’ve resolved a crash with the Timer app in full screen mode.
- We’ve prevented the Welcome Tour from overriding the “Power On Default Source” setting.
- We’ve removed some unnecessary notifications from occasionally appearing in the lower right corner of the display.
- We’ve fixed a bug that allowed you to delete the account you are currently logged into.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could re-enable touch if previously disabled during a short press of the power button.
- The supported resolution list (EDID) ActivPanel offers external devices has been improved.
- We’ve fixed an issue that can cause the Camera app to crash.
Users can permanently disable the Dashboard from opening at launch (asked for by many users).
We have also corrected actions that led to crashes to desktop, fixed issues specific to Mac OS Big Sur, and resolved 50 global bugs.
With the 2.22 release of ActivInspire, users can permanently disable the Dashboard from opening at launch. We have also corrected actions that led to crashes to desktop, fixed issues specific to macOS Big Sur, and resolved 50 global bugs.
- Users may disable the Dashboard opening at launch by checking a box at the bottom of the Dashboard panel or in the settings.
- A callout has been added to point out that the Dashboard can still be opened using the Rocket icon.
- ActivInspire now displays updated Great British Pound currency images, consistent with current notes and coins.
- Special characters (diacritics) appear properly
- Pen modifier – callout and Pen modifier – line have been properly differentiated
- Crashes to desktop introduced in v2.21 have been fixed
- Touch navigation works properly with the annotate tool
- Screen recorder captures sound from media players
- Ukrainian users will see several quality-of-life fixes
To download the latest version, visit the ActivInspire download page.